Saturday, January 4, 2014

Hey, Hi, Hello

Now, I'm not quite sure that the title of this post will do my 'first post' justice, but I think it suits the job nicely. I mean, when you think about it, there is an incredible amount of pressure riding on this first post. It defines the blog. It sets an outline of what to expect. And, if I should keep this blog for a long time, as I'm hopefully planning to, it will always be known as my first post.

I'm starting to feel bad for this little guy! :( But, the job must be done at some point, and chances are no one will ever read this. Chances are no one will really read my blog at all. And strangely, I'm okay with that. I don't think of this so much as me telling something to an audience, as I think of this as me, telling things to myself. If someone just happens to read along, that's fine. The more the merrier!

Now, to the title. The hey, hi, hello, isn't just me greeting one person, or one group of people. It's me greeting three separate and equally beautiful things that have and hopefully will come out of this little adventure into bloggerdom (bloggerdom n.: the magical land in which bloggers blog).


Hey people that might be reading this. I know I already said that I didn't expect anyone to be there, and while that remains true, I don't want to be rude or neglect any possible readers that might have stumbled here.

Hi new blog, with all your newness and possibilities. I know you can do so much. I, for one, have never underestimated the power of words. I hope you protect that power and my knowledge of that power. Just help me do you justice.

Hello new me. The new me who is going to try to blog every week. Call it a New Year's resolution that's 4 days late, but hopefully I'll be able to stick to it. It's not the writing that I think I'm going to have trouble with (I did NaNoWriMo for goodness sake!), but more the actual discipline and coming up with ideas. Now, I'm not saying I don't have ideas, because believe me, I do, but actually translating my thoughts and ideas into words is going to be the tricky part!

Well, I guess I did it.  The frightening, the permanent, the monumental First Blog Post. I think I did alright. I think this will be alright.


-Kirby

No comments:

Post a Comment